Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
Description/achievement of initiative
1. Reduce projected increase in peak demand by 5% by 2015 and 10% by 2010 an strive to reduce power losses down to a total of 7% by 2015 and 5% by 2020
2. Deliver 30% of projected total electricity output from Renewable Energy Sources (RES) by 2015 and 60% by 2020
3. Increase energy security and diversify the energy portfolio
4. Reduce projected consumption of fossil fuels in the transport sector by 10% by 2015 and 15 % by 2020
5. Reduce projected electricity generation by 5% by 2012 and 15% by 2020
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.