Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/html/sustainabledevelopment.un.org/root/content.php on line 243 State University of New York College at Geneseo .:. Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform
Denise A Battles, President, email@example.com
Are you the focal point for this commitment/partnership? By signing in to this website, you can edit the information show, add documents, and more. Contact us for clarifications.
This voluntary initiative came from Higher Education Sustainability Initiative
Signatory/Dean Denise A Battles- President
Description/achievement of initiative
In January, 2012, President Dahl, in consultation with campus leadership, designated the existing Sustainability Task Force as a presidential commission, to be known as the President's Commission on Sustainability. Executive Assistant Becky Glass will serve as the President's liaison to the Commission, and Vice President Jim Milroy will work closely with the Commission in its projects. Community partners include the Livingston County Chamber of Commerce and the Geneseo Village leadership.
President Dahl charged the Commission to advance their work in the following areas:
1.Create a Statement on Sustainability to be shared with the community and to assist us in policy-making.
2. Expand the sustainability web page to continue the education and outreach that stems from an attractive, readable, and informative site.
3. Develop a Communication on Progress, in collaboration with Provost Long and with Professor Jassawalla of the School of Business, that demonstrates Geneseo's commitment to the UN Global Compact.
4. Complete the Climate Action Plan progress report in early 2012 and help the College comply with the American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
5. Collaborate with Vice President Milroy and Assistant Vice President Stooks on facilities and operations projects such as LED lighting, natural areas on campus, and sustainable building practices.
6. Continue to explore and implement curricular initiatives to enhance student knowledge about sustainability.
7. Continue and expand campus programming and community engagement projects such as the LIve Green Expo, Earth Day/Earth Week celebrations, and the Finger Lakes Project Conference.
State University of New York College at Geneseo
Statement on Sustainability
Finger Lakes Project Conference
LIve Green Expo
Resources devoted to implementation
Staff / Technical expertise
Expertise of students and staff concerning sustainable development