- Topic: Sustainable transport
- Location: Mexico, Brazil, India, China, Turkey, Andean Region
- Date of completion: 2016-06-13
- Click for more information
- Keywords: Climate Change, Air Quality, Health, Road Safety, Urban Development, Accessibility, Integrated Transport
Holger Dalkmann, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you the focal point for this commitment/partnership? By signing in
to this website, you can edit the information show, add documents, and more. Contact us
Description/achievement of initiative
EMBARQ's mission is to catalyze and help implement sustainable transport solutions to improve quality of life in cities. Sustainable transport solutions holistically address social and environmental needs for current and future generations in a financially smart manner.
By 2016, 200+ cities in mostly emerging economies will substantially adopt high-quality sustainable mobility and urban development.
Global performance goals include:
10+ game-changers (policy or projects)
50+ cities directly impacted
200+ cities influenced
EMBARQ's long-term vision is a world in which all cities are sustainable environments for all people to thrive and live happily.
Through a network of country-focused centers for sustainable transport, EMBARQ will propel this movement at local, national and international levels through the following three approaches:
1) Deliver Game-changer Solutions in Cities: Catalyze and help implement game-changer solutions that set precedent, shift paradigms, and create a new standard, with extraordinary influence across an entire country, region, or the globe.
2) Replicate Best Practices to 200+ Cities via Deep and Broad Engagements: EMBARQ will spur adoption of best practices via targeted technical assistance and broad capacity building to local and national decision-makers.
3) Shift International Policy to Prioritize Sustainable Transport, Urban Development, and Climate Change Mitigation through Transport: Convene international agencies through major conferences, original independent research, and other partnerships, to prioritize sustainable mobility solutions. Then connect international policy to national regulation and local projects, by convening decision-makers at all levels.
EMBARQ's top geographic priorities will be India, China , and Brazil during the next five years. These countries represent the world's largest emerging economies and regional centers of influence.