University of Wales: Trinity Saint David
Description/achievement of initiative
We have created a new Wales Institute for Sustainability (INSPIRE) which opened early 2012; an institute focused on action and research to drive social, environmental and economic outcomes to:
- support the development of the area as a low carbon region,
- develop specific sustainability practice in a rural setting
- develop cross-society exemplars of sustainability in practice
- influence the practice of the current and new institution
- support development of the ESDGC agenda in Wales
- develop partnerships with organisations with a similar agenda
We recognise the world is changing and the skills we need must change accordingly. We are committed to ensuring that students educated at Trinity Saint David will enhance their skills and employability through their university experience. Our commitment to creating a new university fit for the future is total. To take that forward, we have published a list of key actions, actions that will transform the lives of our students and staff, of their buildings and workplaces and the total university experience.
Quite simply, we want to be the university of choice for discerning students and staff of the future.
Our offer is based on taking a university wide approach to systematically embed sustainability in everything that we do.
From our commitments, you will see that the University of Wales Trinity Saint David is committed to promoting the sustainability agenda in higher education in Wales and to work with all sectors to actively support the sustainability agenda. Sustainability needs to be at the heart of what we do; as educators of the next generations, we cannot continue to use more resources than our one planet can support.