Partners for Review (2nd network meeting)
27 Mar 2017 - 28 Mar 2017
Partners for Review intends to build a network of stakeholders from government, civil society, academia and the private sector involved in national review processes and to enable demand-oriented learning on new and emerging challenges of SDG review, follow-up and implementation on the road to 2030.
The second Partners for Review network meeting, organized by GIZ on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), will be hosted by the Colombian National Planning Department (DNP) and carried out in joint cooperation with the United Nations Department for Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) from March 27 – 28 in Bogotá, Colombia.
The meeting will address cross-cutting challenges of SDG review and national implementation encountered by previous and prospective presenting countries. In particular, the meeting will address issues of coordinating institutions, engaging partners, strengthening national mechanisms and assembling evidence for national monitoring and follow-up processes. Previous and prospective presenters will be given the opportunity to present hands-on approaches, share practical expertise and liaise with UN DESA coordinating staff. Key objectives are to:
- enable a dialogue on common challenges of devising national monitoring mechanisms;
- gather knowledge on good practices and lessons learned;
- support the identification of expertise to provide tailored peer assistance;
- contribute to preparations for VNRs at the 2017 HLPF as well as
- consolidate the Partners for Review network as a community of practice for SDG review.