Intersessional on Sustainable Consumption and Production
13 Jan 2011 - 14 Jan 2011
Panama City, Panama
Panama City, Panama
Statements & Presentations
- Final Agenda for Intersessional on 10 YFP SCP
- List of Participants for Intersessional on 10 YFP SCP
- Logistical Information for Intersessional on SCP
- Annex to document 2: Programmes/initiatives submitted by Member States, Agencies, and Major Groups as of November 26, 2010.
- Background document 2: Identifying Potential Programmes, for High-Level intersessional CSD meeting on the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Background paper 1: A Review of Options for Institutional Structure
- Chair Summary for Intersessional on 10 YFP SCP
- Letter to governing bodies for contribution of programs to 10YFP
- Template for proposed SCP programmes 10YFP
10 Year Framework of Programmes on SCP10 Year Framework of Programmes on SCPThe Division has been a co-leader of the Marrakech Process whose objective is to foster implementation and provide substantive contributions to a 10-year framework of programmes on sustainable consumption and production that will be considered by Member States at the 18th and 19th sessions of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development in 2010-2011.
TransitionsTransitioning to more sustainable patterns of consumption and production is at the heart of sustainable development, and international co-operation is essential to effect that transition. Recognizing this, governments at the Johannesburg Summit in 2002 called for the development of a 10-year framework of programmes in support of regional and national initiatives to accelerate the shift towards sustainable patterns of consumption and production that will promote social and economic development within the carrying capacity of ecosystems. The 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP on SCP) has now moved to the intergovernmental process of the Commission on Sustainable Development. The 10YFP on SCP is one of the five themes taken up by this CSD cycle. The Secretary General Report on the 10YFP on SCP prepared for CSD 18 and 19 are available here. Prior to the CSD-19 session (2-13 May 2011), an Intergovernmental Preparatory Meeting (28 Feb - 4 Mar 2011) will be held.
Intersessional on SCPThe High-level intersessional meeting of the Commission on Sustainable Development on a 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP on SCP) was held 13-14 January, 2011, in Panama City, Panama. The meeting jointly organized by the Government of Panama, UNDESA-DSD and UNEP provided a non-negotiating space for Member States, Major Groups, and UN Agencies to discuss potential programmes to be included in the 10 Year Framework of Programs on SCP to support regional and national initiatives, the structure the 10YFP could take, and the possible visions and objectives it could serve.