• What does it mean to have sustainable development at the heart of the post-2015 agenda?
• What commitments and steps will countries be willing to undertake in order to translate sustainable development goals and targets into national policies?
• What are the best options for financing sustainable development and future SDGs and technology development in the context of the global partnership?
• What can trigger new partnerships and voluntary commitments, and what can make them successful in advancing economic, social and environmental progress?
• How can more sustainable consumption and production patterns contribute to achieve the SDGs and implement the post-2015 development agenda?
• How could SCP help address the linkages between sectors such as transport, energy, sustainable agriculture and climate change?
“Sustainable consumption and production in action: The work of the Board of the 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production Patterns”
• What opportunities exist for improving the comprehensiveness of programmes under the 10YFP in support of national sustainable development transitions?
• What key policy measures within the current programme areas of the 10YFP have the greatest potential to provide early wins? Can they be replicated and brought to scale?
“Inclusive science: promoting the role of stakeholders in the science-policy interface”
“How to improve the conversation between science and policy: scope and methodology of a global sustainable development report”
• What lessons can be learned from the key findings of the proposed Global Sustainable Development Report?
• What should be the scope and methodology of future editions of the Global Sustainable Development Report in order to strengthen the science-policy interface?
• What critical new trends and ideas will affect future generations? How should they be reflected in the post-2015 development agenda?
• What are the new trends and emerging challenges on sustainable development that the forum should address?
• How best to build the resilience of SIDS and meet their unique challenges in the post-2015 development agenda?
• How can we ensure effective implementation of the outcomes of the Samoa conference on SIDS including through genuine and durable partnerships?
• How best to address the needs of countries in special situations in the context of universal goals and a universal development agenda?
• Are we succeeding in building resilience in vulnerable countries and how can these gains be consolidated?
“Implementing Rio+20 and reviewing progress: spurring action and ensuring accountability”
“Natural Capital Accounting for sustainable development”
• How can traditional institutional arrangements be reorganized to be more flexible, adaptive and collaborative in order to promote integrated policy and decision making?
• What lessons have we learned from successful integrated policy making in areas such as climate change-energy or sustainable agriculture-water-food security?
• How can the national and regional reviews of implementation under the HLPF be designed and conducted to help accelerate progress on the SDGs and sustainable development, building on the lessons learned from other review processes?
• How can accountability be made relevant to all countries and actors in the context of the post-2015 development agenda?
“The future of the HLPF – agenda setting”
• What are the key priorities that emerged from the regional consultations on post 2015 that can have a truly transformative effect in the respective regions? Which priority areas are not adequately addressed through the global process to develop sustainable development goals?
• How can inequalities between and within countries be addressed in the post-2015 development agenda including the SDGs? How can employment and inclusive growth be addressed?
• What kind of agenda setting should the forum have to promote integration of economic, social and environmental dimensions review and respond to new trends and challenges and strengthen policy science interface?
• How can we ensure ownership and implementation of the outcomes of the forum?
Remarks by the President of ECOSOC: “Messages for the Ministerial Segment”
• What are the key features of a broad, coherent and integrated macro-economic policy framework to support global sustainable development through economic efficiency, social equality and environmental sustainability?
• How can we ensure economic and financial stability with macro-economic policies that foster robust and inclusive growth of output and employment?
• What are the greatest challenges faced by international financial, trade, development and environmental institutions in coordinating policies for supporting the formulation and implementation of the post-2015 sustainable development agenda?
• What are the ingredients of a universal, integrated and ambitious sustainable development agenda?
• What does the post-2015 development agenda mean for countries at different stages of development and for countries in special situations?
• What are the commonalities and differences between the priorities of the various regions for the SDGs and the post 2015 development agenda and how can we ensure that they are appropriately addressed?
• How will the SDGs and the agenda impact on policies and trends in the respective regions?
• Which long term trends have the greatest impact on poverty and equality?
• What have been successful strategies to reconcile the imperatives of eradicating poverty, reducing inequality, strengthening resilience and preserving natural resources? How can policies ensure the sustainability of gains across generations?
• What new commitments are countries willing to undertake for cooperation to truly spur sustainable development progress? How do they plan to reach existing commitments?
• How can all countries harness new and transformative technologies to support sustainable development?
• How can we promote partnerships to achieve the post-2015 development agenda including the SDGs?
• How can we promote accountability in the context of multi-stakeholder partnerships?
• What would be the best way for HLPF to review implementation and progress towards future sustainable development goals?
• How can the agenda and working methods of the forum allow promoting integration of economic, social and environmental dimensions?
• What is the cost of inaction on sustainable development?
• What does science tell us on the best policy choices to a sustainable future?
• Adoption of the HLPF Ministerial Declaration
• Adoption of the report of HLPF to ECOSOC
• Closing remarks by the President of ECOSOC