Session 7: STI for taking action to combat climate change and its impacts. (SDG 13)
Wednesday, 15 May 2019
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Conference Room 4, UNHQ
The session will discuss ways and means in which science, technology, and innovation can better support SDG 13 on addressing anthropogenic climate change.
This may include aspects of international cooperation, capacity-building, and the facilitation of development, scaling up, adoption, and dissemination of climate-relevant technologies. The session will identify challenges and needs, good practices and policy recommendations.
Chair: H.E. Ms. H. Elizabeth Thompson
• BioLite HomeStove (Matthew Goldberg) - USA
• No Food Waste (Padmanaban Anantha Gopalan) - India
• It's our forest too (Christina Dahl Jensen) – Denmark, application in Cambodia
Moderator: Ms. Agnes Lawrence Kijazi, Co-Chair of the 10-Member Advisory Group; and Director General, Tanzania Meteorological Agency (TMA), United Republic of Tanzania
• Ms. Mikiko Kainuma, Senior Research Advisor, Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, Japan
• Mr. Seth Schultz, Special Advisor to Global Covenant of Mayors on Science & Innovation, Founder/CEO – Urban Breakthroughs, New York, USA
• Ms. Signe Ratso, Deputy Director General, Directorate-General “Research and Innovation” (RTD), European Commission