Leaders Dialogue 2: Accelerating the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals: Critical Entry Points
Wednesday, 25 September 2019
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Trusteeship Council Chamber, UNHQ
- H.E Mr. Carlos Alvarado Quesada, President of Costa Rica
- H.E. Ms. Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Prime Minister of Iceland
- EGYPT (Head of State)
- MONTENEGRO (Head of State)
- SIERRA LEONE (Head of State)
- KENYA (Head of State)
- KIRIBATI (Head of State)
- NETHERLANDS (Head of State)
- PERU (Head of State)
- POLAND (Head of State)
- SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES (Head of Government)
- Mr. Qu Dongyu, Director General, Food and Agriculture Organization
- Ms. Paula Gioia, La Via Campesina
- What are some specific examples of actions that can be taken through some of the above entry points to generate positive synergies across the 2030 Agenda?
- What kind of policies are needed to accelerate action in cross-cutting areas?
- What new partnerships and institutional arrangements are needed to strengthen integrated approaches for action across the SDGs? How can different actors and institutions be encouraged to work across sectors?
- An integrated approach is likely to reveal trade-offs as well as synergies. How can the science-technology-policy interface be strengthened to help inform actions and to transfer knowledge across different contexts?
At 10:00, Leaving No One Behind Video Message 3: Children will be highlighted.