Leaders Dialogue 1 – Megatrends Impacting the Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
Tuesday, 24 September 2019
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Trusteeship Council Chamber, UNHQ
- H.E. Mr. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana
- H.E. Ms. Erna Solberg, Prime Minister of Norway
- TURKEY (Head of State)
- COLOMBIA (Head of State)
- ESTONIA (Head of State)
- NIGERIA (Head of State)
- BULGARIA (Head of State)
- UKRAINE (Head of State)
- JAPAN (Head of Government)
- SLOVENIA (Head of Government)
- Mr. David Malpass, President, World Bank Group
- Ms. Jessica Ortega, Co-Chair Global Indigenous Youth Caucus
- What are the most critical global trends that are already influencing SDG actions and how?
- How can trends such as demographic changes, technology, global integration be leveraged to maximize positive synergies across the SDGs? What institutional, policy and partnership mechanisms are needed to ensure positive outcomes?
- Are there emerging trends, not fully evident today, but expected to present challenges or opportunities for the 2030 Agenda, five or ten years from now? How can the science-policy interface be strengthened to forecast and better prepare for new challenges?
At 17:00, Leaving No One Behind Video Message: Youth will be highlighted.