Leaders Dialogue 3: Measures to Leverage Progress Across the Sustainable Development Goals
Wednesday, 25 September 2019
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Trusteeship Council Chamber, UNHQ
- H.E. Mr. Sauli Niinisto, President of the Republic of Finland
- H.E. Mr. Gaston Browne, Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda
- KAZAKHSTAN (Head of State)
- SPAIN (Head of Government)
- NORTH MACEDONIA (Head of Government)
- TAJIKISTAN (Head of Government)
- IRELAND (Head of Government)
- JAMAICA (Head of Government)
- Ms. Vera Songwe, the Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa on behalf of the UN’s five regional commissions
- Ms. Ann Cairns, Executive Vice Chairman, Mastercard
- How can policy makers use the GSDR “levers of transformation” – governance, economy and finance, individual and collective action, and science and technology – in innovative combinations? How can they overcome the roadblocks to these collaborative approaches?
- How can non-government actors, including business and community leaders, academic institutions, and civil society organizations, team up to drive change and encourage new and increased financial investment in the 2030 Agenda?
- What can the United Nations and other relevant entities do to build capacity in developing countries to fully and effectively deploy the levers of transformation?
At 11:00: Leaving No One Behind Video Message 4: Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons and Migrants will be highlighted