Find SDG academy's blog post about the event here: https://sdgacademy.org/universities-and-beyond-a-vehicle-for-accomplishing-the-sdgs/
Session Recording Here:
Links to more learning:
• 'Platform of the Education for Justice (E4J) initiative' of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC): Through the E4J initiative, the UNODC has co-created and jointly developed a series of peer-reviewed university modules and other tools with academics to assist them in teaching on some of today's most crucial threats. E4J aims to support tertiary level educators and academics in their efforts to transmit knowledge and create a deeper understanding of rule of law related issues, with a focus on the subject areas of crime prevention and criminal justice, anti-corruption, organized crime, trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants, firearms, cybercrime, wildlife crime, counter-terrorism as well as integrity and ethics.
• ‘Higher Education mobilises for the SDGs’ - This virtual exhibition space is organised by the partner associations the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), International Association of Universities (IAU) and l’Agence universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) . This page presents the partners’ work and links to related websites and resources.
• ACU Higher Education and the SDGs Network – a forum for academics, practitioners and students at universities across the Commonwealth who are directly engaging in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) agenda. The network focuses on SDG engagement in five key areas: teaching and learning; research; sustainable operations; engagement and impact; and partnerships.
• Transforming the Goals of Higher Education - Written by Lauren Rickards and Wendy Steele, Associate Professors at RMIT University in Australia
• Universities to intensify efforts to keep Sustainable Development Goals on track - Written by Professor Dhanjay Jhurry, Vice Chancellor of the University of Mauritius
• Moving from pockets of excellence to interdisciplinary approaches to make an impact - Written by Professor José Frantz - Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation), University of the Western Cape, South Africa
• Sustainable Development Goals and the student experience: the Newcastle University journey - Written by Philip McGowan, Pablo Charro de la Fuente, Naomi Oosman-Watts and Tracy Scurry
• How our institution is tackling the Sustainable Development Goals and helping communities in India - Written by Dr Maneesha V Ramesh - Dean, International Programs and Director, AMRITA Center for Wireless Networks & Applications, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India