December 2022 - You are accessing an archived version of our website. This website is no longer
maintained or updated. The Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform has been migrated here: https://sdgs.un.org/
SDG Financing: Time to Act
Thursday, 9 July 2020
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Virtual (New York time)
United Nations Joint SDG Fund with European Union Delegation to the United Nations, Mission of Spain to the United Nations
The event, organized jointly by the European Union, the Kingdom of Spain and the Joint SDG Fund, will convene decision-makers, experts and thought leaders to promote SDG integration and sustainable investing in the context of the Decade of Action. Participants will discuss the development of investment strategies with positive impacts and explore emerging approaches to financing the SDGs.
Invaluable insight will be provided into innovative approaches and emerging trends on the ground, while also providing a platform to discuss the role of the UN system in the SDG financing space. The interactive dialogue will feature the following speakers:
• Mr. Félix Fernandez-Shaw, Director, International Cooperation and Development Policy European Commission, DG DEVCO
• Ms. Angeles Moreno, Secretary of State for International Cooperation, Government of Spain
• Mr. Courtenay Rattray, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Permanent Mission of Jamaica to the UN
• Ms. Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary of the UN Economic Commission for Africa
• Ms. Ahunna Eziakonwa, UNDP Assistant Administrator and Director of the Regional Bureau for Africa
• Rockefeller Foundation
Moderated by Mr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Special Envoy on Financing the 2030 Agenda.
Please register to attend the virtual even by Monday, July 6, 2020. The full program and agenda will be sent to you closer to the date. We look forward to welcoming you!