Global Forum on Migration and Development
As an intergovernmental body, the Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) has been invited to provide substantive input to the 2017 High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) showcasing its contribution towards the 2030 Agenda in general, and particularly for the Sus-tainable Development Goals (SDGs) and respective targets that are most relevant to GFMD’s mandate. The theme of the 2017 HLPF is “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world”. While all 17 SDGs will be examined from the perspective of this theme, the following SDGs will receive particular attention in 2017:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sus-tainable agriculture
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Taking up this invitation, the ad hoc Working Group on the 2030 Agenda and the Global Compact on Migration under the co-chairmanship of Germany and Bangladesh prepared the following GFMD contribution along the template for submitting HLPF contributions.
Continue reading full report in pdf.