- National Voluntary Reviews at HLPF
- Documents & Reports
- Partnerships & Commitments
- Focal point
- Eradicating poverty and hunger through targeted measures to alleviate and eliminate poverty, and enhancing agricultural production capacities and food security.
- Implementing innovation-driven development strategies and generating momentum for sustainable, healthy and stable economic growth.
- Advancing industrialization to inject impetus to coordinated development between urban and rural areas and among the three dimensions of sustainable development.
- Improving social security and social services to ensure equal access to basic public services.
- Safeguarding equity and social justice to improve people’s well-being and promoting all-round human development.
- Protecting the environment and building protective barriers for eco-security.
- Addressing climate change actively and integrating climate change response into national development strategies.
- Promoting efficient utilization of resources and sustainable energy.
- Improving national governance and ensuring economic and social development in line with the rule of law.
- Strengthening capacity building of countries so as to improve institution building, increase public resources, and generate internal growth momentum.
- Creating an enabling international environment for development, building a balanced, win-win and inclusive multilateral trading system and improving global economic governance.
- Engaging with all stakeholders and working towards a more equitable and balanced global partnership for development.
- Promoting coordination mechanism and incorporating development policy into global macroeconomic policy coordination.
- Improving follow-up and review by conducting regular reviews of global implementation progress while review of national implementation would be done according to respective national conditions and the principle of voluntary action.
Director, Environmental Management Division
Department of Regional Economy
National Development and Reform Commission
|Full Report||CSD-16; CSD-17;|
|China's Climate Change Programme|
|Human Settlements||CSD-12; CSD-13;|
|Country Profile 2002|
|Pre-WSSD National Report|
|Input towards the Secretary-General Report "Climate Change & It's Possible Security Implications" (GA-64)|
|G-77 & China's input on the possibility of convening a high-level event on sustainable development|
|Link to Country's NSDS|
|Contact person for indicators of sustainable development|
The China Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) aims to reduce neonatal mortality and morbidity caused by preventable conditions, such as birth asphyxia, through ensuring at least one trained and skilled health worker is present at every hospital delivery. Objectives include:• Develop and implement nationwide cascade training: providing training to individuals who in turn provide the same training to others • Improve the quality of NRP training through cascade supervisions • Implement policy strategies that ensure sustainable NRP in 90% of delivery facilities• Evaluate and document NRP long-ter...[more]
The Global Partnership for Sustainable Tourism is an organizational network of tourism stakeholders of the public and private sectors, non-profits, UN agencies and programmes, international organizations and academic institutions. Partner organizations share the common vision and understanding of the goal of "sustainable tourism" and collaborate internationally, regionally or nationally to transform tourism globally. The mission is to transform the way tourism is done worldwide by building partnerships to support the implementation of sustainable tourism practices at destinations through adop...[more]
Traditional agriculture practices in Timor-Leste result in poor soil and water management and low productivity. This Trilateral partnership trains farmers both on modern cultivation methods and cultivation of crops that reduce erosion and increase replenishment of nutrients in the soil. In addition, the crops selected help farmers diversify their sources of income.This partnership will contribute to the sustainable development of SIDS by demonstrating opportunities for increasing farmer incomes while improving natural resource management through cultivation of cash and staple crops. The model ...[more]