- National Voluntary Reviews at HLPF
- Documents & Reports
- Partnerships & Commitments
- Focal point
- Have been following the development of the SDGs closely for several years and are highly engaged and committed to the implementation of the goals in Denmark and globally. The SDGs are integrated in strategies and work plans of Danish CSOs and in their activities nationally and globally, including national awareness raising and work with different stakeholders.
- Have dedicated themselves – and will contribute further – to the SDG mobilization among stakeholders in relation to policy coordination, policy recommendations and multi-stakeholder dialogue. Danish CSOs were the main driver behind the first multi-stakeholder meeting in Denmark.
- Will continue to follow the Danish government’s delivery on its commitments towards the SDGs in Denmark closely and in Denmark’s foreign diplomatic, policy and financial engagements, including ongoing advocacy for increased ambitions in the Danish Action Plan.
- Contribute by playing our part in achieving the goals.
- Seek opportunities for business growth both nationally and internationally.
- Include the goals in business priorities and business development.
- Communicate our progress and share learnings when feasible.
- Collaborate in partnerships with stakeholders to achieve sustainable solutions.
- Recommend the Danish Government to support responsible business and awareness about SDG’s.
- Public authorities in the fields of social services, education, health, environment and technology.
- Administrators of essential physical infrastructure and utilities as well as climate measures (CO2-reduction and adapta-tion).
- Central facilitators of partnerships and of development and growth – both in civil society and in businesses.
- Developers and administrators of much of the data that can be used as indicators for achieving the SDGs.
- A link between the local and the global – from citizen involvement to international development collaborations
- State of youth in civil society: Danish youth organisations and CSOs working with youth enjoy an enabling space and good structural conditions, as well as a long tradition of civil involvement. This results in a wide range of activities for youth and a relatively high degree of involvement, political participation, and influence. However, there are still pro-spects in securing the full inclusion of vulnerable and marginalized youth.
- SDG-awareness and implementation: There is relatively high awareness among Danish youth on the SDG-agenda and youth CSOs are increasingly promoting and working with the agenda. The strategic framework can be strengthened by additions to school curricula, and there remains untapped potential within the youth sector for implementing and incor-porating the agenda into their organisational activities.
- Monitoring and coordination: A comprehensive mechanism has yet to be developed for monitoring youth progress on the SDG agenda nationally and for coordinating efforts between youth actors within the framework of Agenda 2030.
- Pursue research and capacity development going beyond 'silo' thinking and focus on the links and synergies between the SDG goals and targets.
- Study the trend towards rising inequality and the extent to which current policies exacerbate it.
- Analyze how the SDG targets, deadlines, and a gap analysis could better inform Danish SDG implementation.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
|Full Report||CSD-16; CSD-17;|
|Agriculture and climate change||CSD-16; CSD-17;|
|Rural Development||CSD-16; CSD-17;|
|Other Information||CSD-14; CSD-15;|
|Country Profile 2002|
|Pre-WSSD National Report|
|2007 Indicators Profile|
|2003 Status Report|
|Contact person for indicators of sustainable development|
The Caribbean Energy Efficiency Lighting Project (CEELP) sought to catalyze the transition to low carbon economies and sustainable energy sectors through the provision of energy efficient lighting to communities in the Eastern Caribbean. The project assisted countries in removing the policy, capacity and investment barriers to energy efficient lighting. The project goals were aligned with the SIDS DOCK objective to increase energy efficiency by at least 25%, and the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) objective of doubling the rate of improvement in energy efficiency. The private sector was en...[more]
The best opportunity to slow the rate of near-term warming globally and in sensitive regions such as the Arctic is by cutting emissions of short-lived climate pollutants (SLCPs) – most notably methane, black carbon and some hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs). Widespread reductions, which complement the need for aggressive global action on carbon dioxide, contribute significantly to the goal of limiting warming to less than two degrees. Reducing SLCPs can also advance national priorities such as protecting air quality and public health, promoting food security, enhancing energy efficiency, and alleviat...[more]
The IHO capacity building programme seeks to assess and advise on how countries can best meet their international obligations and serve their own best interests by providing appropriate hydrographic and nautical charting services. Such services directly support safety of navigation, safety of life at sea, efficient sea transportation and the wider use of the seas and oceans in a sustainable way, including the protection of the marine environment, coastal zone management, fishing, marine resource exploration and exploitation, maritime boundary delimitation, maritime defence and security, and o...[more]
Coasts and beaches are highly dynamic environments of critical importance to the economic, socio-cultural and bio-physical integrity of SIDS. During recent decades, these environments have been subjected to an increasing rate of change due to urbanisation and expanding coastal development, as well as climate change and climate variability. These changes are impacting, often adversely, the lifestyles and livelihoods of islanders living in coastal towns and villages, and beyond that, resource-based and tourism-based economies from local to national levels.Working in this context, Sandwatch is an...[more]