- Location: astana
- By: Kazakhstan
- Type: Regional
- Year: 2011-2020
- More information
the "Green Bridge" Programme is a mechanism for greening the economy through the development of new and long-term fields of green business and reform of national and international policies for the creation of legal, economic and institutional conditions for the replacement of the existing economy to a green economy.
The Programme provides measures to create conditions and infrastructure to improve access to green technology and investment, and transfer of practical and successful management experience to interested countries and organizations.
The main directions and sectors:
1. Strengthening governance: national and international
2. Informational infrastructure, outreach and education
3. Green Business and Technologies
4. Financial and economic mechanisms
5. Standards for green economy
6. Conservation of mountain, water and other ecosystems
7. Sustainable energy, its availability and efficiency
8. Food security
9. Urban Infrastructure & Transport
10. Adaptation to climate change and natural disasters
The Programme was initiated by the 6th Ministerial Conference on Environment and Development of the Asia-Pacific region (ESCAP, Astana, 2010), and presented on the 7th Pan-European Ministerial Conference "Environment for Europe" (UNECE, Astana, 2011). The "Green Bridge" Programme for Europe, Asia and the Pacific prepresenting 95 countries, 70% of the world's population and over 90% of GHG emissions.