- Intergovernmental bodies & forums
- MGOS & other stakeholders
- Partnerships & voluntary commitments
ECOSOC functional commissions and other intergovernmental bodies and forums, are invited to share relevant input and deliberations as they addresses goals and targets from the perspective of theme of the 2017 HLPF "Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world". All 17 SDGs wil be examined from the perspective of the theme. Additionally, the following SDGs will be discussed together with SDG 17: 1,2,3,5,9 and 14.
Inputs could follow the following template, inspired by the report of the Secretary-General on Critical milestones towards coherent, efficient and inclusive follow-up and review at the global level (A/70/684).
- an assessment of the situation regarding the principle of "ensuring that no one is left behind" at the global level;
- the identification of gaps, areas requiring urgent attention, risks and challenges;
- valuable lessons learned on eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity;
- emerging issues likely to affect the realisation of poverty eradication and achieving prosperity;
- areas where political guidance by the high-level political forum is required;
- policy recommendations on ways to accelerate progress for those at risk of being left behind.
Please click here to download the Letter of ECOSOC President to functional commissions and IG bodies_thematic reviews at 2017 HLPF.