Description/achievement of initiative
The Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition (DSGC) has the following objectives:
The DSGC aims to pro-actively drive sustainable growth business models along three lines:
Shape:DSGC member companies aim to connect economic profitability with environmental and social progress on the basis of integrated sustainable growth business models.
Share: DSGC member companies aim for joint advocacy of sustainable growth business models both internationally and nationally.
Stimulate:DSGC member companies aim to stimulate and influence the policy debate on enabling sustainable growth – with a view to finding solutions to the environmental and social challenges we are facing.
The DSGC member companies have committed to take the following actions:
• Within their individual organizations, DSGC members continue to optimize sustainable business strategies towards a sustainable growth business model and to meet their specific targets, which are transparent and measurable. For this purpose the members commit themselves to peer learning through sharing good practices.
• DSGC members will play a catalyst role in their respective sectors in order to ensure long-term integration of sustainability and inspire the transition towards sustainable growth and creating shared value through their business model.
• Identify national and international platforms to advocate best practices among Dutch and international businesses, government, consumers, investors and civil society including NGOs and universities.
• The DSGC aspires to be a coalition of thought leaders and will give its views on “what is moving the boundaries” in relation to inclusive sustainable growth.
• The DSGC will develop policy recommendations to influence government and EU policies so as to create the right framework conditions for sustainable growth.
Akzo Nobel, DSM, FrieslandCampina, Heineken, KLM, Philips, Shell and Unilever