1. To further increase the share of renewable energy in electricity production from its current level (60%) to a higher level.
2. Achieve 100% access to electrification by 2016, with the current levels standing between 85 - 90%.
3. Further improve the reliability of main grid power supply and benchmark with those of similar economies.
4. Promote energy conservation and efficiency in all sectors of the economy.
5. Further enhance and strengthen institutional, regulatory and legal framework of the energy sector.
6. Utilisation of Biofuels in Fiji's transport sector by 2015.
To be achieved through Independent Power Producers participation in the sector.
Fiji, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
100% access to electrification
Utilisation of Biofuels in Fiji's transport sector
Resources devoted to implementation
Other, please specify
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.
Permanent Mission of Nauru to the United Nations, Chair of AOSIS, email@example.com
Are you the focal point for this initiative? By signing in to this website, you can edit the information show, add documents, and more. Contact us for clarifications.
Copyright United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
Part of the Sustainable Development Knowledge Platform - sustainabledevelopment.un.org