Description/achievement of initiative
1. A 40% reduction in CO2 emissions below 2009 levels by 2020;
2. Electrification of 100% of urban households and 95% of rural outer atoll households by 2015;
3. The provision of 20% of energy through indigenous renewable resources by 2020;
4. Improved efficiency of energy use in 50% of households and businesses, and 75% of government buildings by 2020;
5. A 20% efficiency improvement in transportation sector fuel use by 2020;
6. Feasibility studies and internationally supported financing plans for innovative game-changing renewable energy and sustainable development opportunities undertaken by 2015.
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
Marshall Islands, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.