Description/achievement of initiative
1. Diversification of the energy mix by the use and promotion of renewable energy sources in all energy uses and services in all sectors, including electricity, cooling, transport, residential, commercial and industrial. Ultimately achieving the set target of 15% energy supply from renewable energy by 2030.
2. Provide the whole population with access to a safe, secure, affordable, reliable and high quality of energy services while ensuring environmental protection
3. Increase security of energy supply
4. Promote efficient use of energy and conservation
5. Strengthen the institutional and legal framework of the energy sector
To be achieved with assistance from development partners.
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
Seychelles, in partnership with the Governments of Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and the United Kingdom, and UNDP.
15% energy supply from renewable energy
Sustainable Development Goals and targets
Resources devoted to implementation
Other, please specify
In partnership with Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Norway, and UK, and UNDP.