Achievement at a glance
Support of our partners made us to engage these young ones meaningfully by investing their future plan to sustain the environment and express their environmental corporate responsibility.
The presentation of this year’s WED was delivered by Mr. Okoji Samuel O. the paper was centered on the theme of WED 2016 he said that this day to celebrate peoples power to positive change on our environment and future. Every action counts, and when multiplied by a global; chorus, becomes exponential in its impact with your contribution , we have successes in making wed 2016 the biggest event , yet he empathized on the why we must have a sustained environment as he believed that environment is life and the earlier we domestic this culture of clean and healthy environment. introduction of SEC is in the right direction
Challenges faced in implementation
-The rain that fails resulted to a low turn out
- The late arrival of the T-shirt made our participant to loose hope on us
- Most of the companies we wrote to doe sponsorship could not respond
- Lack of finance would have hindered the project but we appreciate the little contribution of the members and the trustees
- Massive recruitment of SEC volunteers and awareness sensation program with effect from July 1, 2016
- To be flagged off by the Honorable Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria/Commissioner for Environment Lagos in August, 2016, time 10:00am Proposed venue is Lagos Sheraton Hotel Ikeja, Lagos or the federal palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.
The objectives of this is to further create awareness to various multi sector stakeholder and policy makers on issues of climate change and disaster management dialogue. An organized panel shall deliberate on environmental sustainability and ways of institutionalizing these issues domestically with emphasis on an enabling friendly environment. This panel will be drawn from policy makers, developmental agencies, civil society, private sectors, academicians, student and the general public to observe and ask relevant question on what needs to be done and who does what and when , after which a communiqué set, documented, shared with action plan drawn with key monitoring tools developed after the program.
NURTW, Market Association, Local Education District (LED), pure water operators, PSP providers, Traditional Rulers, unemployed youth community development association, auto mechanic association, religious leaders, policy makers, NGO, youth councils of Ni
-Enabling environment for some identified vulnerable communities through integrated awareness, and information dissemination and to contribute to the environmental sustainability and response to SDG's Sustainable development and climate change.
- Due recognition of our organization in the media, event, poster and banners
Commencement of Wide life and Climate Change Campaign amongst community men and women
June 5, 2016
Introduction of Sustainable Development Corps to stakeholders