Achievement at a glance
- Successful organizing of Safeguarding the Nigerian Child Professional Partnership and networking forum on 15th October 2015 convened at Sheraton Hotel Ikeja, lagos Nigeria.
- Decision reached to establish a consortium of stakeholders on child care, rights, welfare, health and protection
- Decision reached to set a Child Protection Centre to take reports, referrals via phone calls, text, emails social media, or in person on concerns of maltreatment, neglect and all forms of abuse.
Challenges faced in implementation
Amongst the challenges faced in implementing action point from the forum are:
- Short of operational vehicles to access rural areas for awareness campaigns about safeguarding children and child protection
- Funding to establish and operate a consortium stakeholders for the purpose of gaining synergy to achieve the development goals.
Source for funds to establish the consortium of stakeholders in child care, rights, welfare, health and protection.
Consider alternative means of reaching out to rural areas
Stakeholders?Organizations Working Directly or Indirectly with Children
Delegates gained knowledge on the importance of safeguarding children and what needs to be done in safeguarding children