Achievement at a glance
1. Mobilized over 18,000 students, pupils and teachers on Lassa fever prevention
2. Mobilized over 18,000 students, pupils and teachers on Handwashing routine practice and Environmental Sanitation.
3. We entered into a partnership with the Post Primary School Management Board- Ministry of Education Enugu State, Nigeria on school mobilization on Lassa fever prevention and WASH
Challenges faced in implementation
1. Inadequate finance in scaling-up and replicating the Lassa fever prevention and hygiene promotion program in adjoining schools.
2. The vacation of schools hindered the progress of the program but will resume immediately school resume
1. Partnership with Community and religious leaders and Local Government Commission for Chieftaincy Affairs on Community mobilization on Lassa fever prevention, hygiene and environmental sanitation.
2. Creating a synergy between WASH and Malaria elimination, micronutrient distribution and family planning.
Students, Pupils, Teachers, Community
1. Improved knowledge on Lassa fever vector, mode of transmission and preventions
2. Improved knowledge on idea handwashing practice with soap or ashes.
3. Improved knowledge on water, sanitation and hygiene
Quarterly Reports and Picture