"Sustainability Literacy" is the knowledge, skills and mindsets that allow individuals to become deeply committed to building a sustainable future and assisting in making informed and effective decisions to this end.
The Sulitest (Sustainability Literacy Tools & Community) was created following the Rio+20 Conference as an easy to use, online, multiple choice assessment platform, consisting of a set of questions identical for all users throughout the world, and other specialized modules that consider national, regional and cultural realities.
As of December 2017, the Sulitest has been administered to close to 80,000 students, covering 700 universities from 61 countries. Each Sulitest question is currently aligned with one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, creating one of the largest databases on citizens' awareness and understanding of the SDGs.
Sulitest – which is led by an independent non-for-profit organization - is currently working with various UN entities and other stakeholders to create SDG specific modules into its platform, with the aim of raising further global awareness of specific SDGs and to identify gaps in knowledge among students worldwide.
In support of the upcoming in-depth review of SDG 7 at the 2018 session of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), the Division for Sustainable Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DSD/UN DESA) – the Secretariat of HLPF - is leading a process to create a Sulitest SDG 7 specific module for raising awareness and assessing the knowledge of all stakeholders related to this Goal.
- Survey - input from all stakeholders on draft questions related to SDG7
- Open Expert webinar – introduction to Sulitest, the draft questions and process related to the review of 2018 HLPF
- Validation workshop – presentation of draft module and expert dialogue, feedback from SDG 7 community.
- Launch of SDG 7 Sulitest module – dissemination of questions through Sulitest module.
- Sulitest report presented at 2018 Global Higher Education Sustainability Initiative event – main findings of knowledge around SDG 7
Please enter your proposed SDG 7 questions at:
8 January 2018
Survey now open for all stakeholders at: https://goo.gl/Cdy9zf
22 January 2018, 11 AM – 12.00 PM
Open expert webinar
Register at: https://goo.gl/KR8qui
21 February 2018, time to be confirmed
Validation workshop – held during the preparatory Global SDG 7 Conference in Bangkok, Thailand.
More info on the SDG 7 Conference: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/EnergyConference
Register for the Conference at: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/EnergyConference/registration
9 – 18 July 2018
2018 session of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development
More information: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf
The validation workshop will be held as a side event during the Global SDG 7 Conference on 23 February 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The main objective of the session is to present the tool and discuss the relevance of the SDG 7 module’s questions; stimulate a discussion for further feedback and to engage people in becoming contributors to the future improvements of the module. To achieve these objective, the session will be organized in three steps:
- An introduction of the initiative , the Sulitest assessment tool and the draft SDG 7 questions
- The smartphone game Suli-Quiz will be presented to participants, showcasing a few illustrative examples of the SDG 7 draft question to stimulate an engaging and interactive dialogue
- Open dialogue for further feedback, moderated by an SDG 7 expert
Ola Göransson, Sustainable Development Officer
Division for Sustainable Development
UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
Jean-Christophe Carteron, President