- Topic: Sustainable transport
- Location: urban area
- Date of completion: 31 Dec 2013
- Keywords: Sustainable urban mobility, economic development, social cohesion, environmental soundness
Pascal van den Noort, Executive Director, email@example.com
Are you the focal point for this commitment/partnership? By signing in
to this website, you can edit the information show, add documents, and more. Contact us
Description/achievement of initiative
'Pas-Port to Mobility' a freely accessible portal with 10 different angles for city officials to approach sustainable urban mobility:
•The ‘Urban Mobility Embassy’ is a Service Desk
•The 'Urban Mobility Lab' offers a process for sustainable urban mobility planning
•‘Showcasing' is a supporting portal
•‘Experience by Peers' positions cities with expertise
•The ‘Studio' is a Portal to Innovation
•The ‘Publisher’ provides news in articles, web TV, pictures, blogs and websites
•'The Consultancy' is the Portal to Solutions
•'The Factory' is the Portal to Products.
•The ‘Academy' is the portal to Knowledge and Good Practice.
•The Pas-Port to Mobility Search Engine
Pas-Port to Urban Mobility establishes a portal with 9 websites and a search engine that connect relevant elements for urban mobility planning.
The idea of connecting horizontally relevant parties and interests in 9 portals is widely considered worthwhile to pursue. The connection between the 9 domains gives a deeper insight into the possibilities for realization of sustainable urban mobility planning.
The Search Engine will be the connecting Tool between the websites in Pas-Port to Mobility and will be fully available and for free to cities and others who seek connections. Looking for policy documents will not just provide them with these documents, but will also give insight in relevant news and developments, in a wide range of relevant advisory groups, available products and more. The portal will provide direct and intuitive links for cities that:
• want to improve mobility and quality of life for their citizens
• like to prepare this well and set focused goals
• insist to execute the chosen policy in an efficient way
• need to have a broad overview about available services and products
• require to be able to evaluate and correct their policies
• wish to make use of latest insights.
Velo Mondial, RAI Intertraffic Amsterdam