Input to Questionnaire on issues relating to the environmental effected related to waste originating from chemical munitions dumped at sea
QUESTIONNAIRE ON ISSUES RELATING TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS
RELATED TO WASTE ORIGINATING FROM CHEMICAL MUNITIONS DUMPED
1. Is there an environmental risk for your country/region to be affected by waste
originating from chemical munitions dumped at sea (WOCMDS)? If so, what are the
environmental challenges and effects posed by WOCDMS?
2. Does the scientific community in your country/region examine the
environmental effects related to WOCMDS? If so, what are the findings of such
Response to incidents
3. Does your country/region have the experience in responding to incidents
related to WOCMDS?
4. Does your country/region have the capacity to respond to incidents related to
incidents related to WOCMDS?
5. Has your government/organization developed an action plan or built
capacities to respond to incidents related to WOCMDS? If not, does your
government/organization intend to do so in the future?
Answer: No, we do not have such an action plan. We might discuss the matter in the
appropriate forum to decide on the policy.
Raising awareness and other actions
6. Does your government/organization provide information on WOCMDS to civil
society and industry? Does your government/organization raise awareness on
WOCMDS and how?
7. Are there any partnerships between government, industry and civil society in
your country/region on raising awareness, reporting and monitoring of WOCMDS?
8. Does your government cooperate with other States, regional and/or
international organizations to assess or increase awareness of WOCMDS?
9. What would be, in your view, possible modalities for international cooperation
to assess an increase awareness of WOCMDS?
Answer: Through continuous survey by the United Nation.