Description/achievement of initiative
1. Training the teachers to use different pedagogical methods to train students across all subjects - language, arts, science & math.
2. Focusing on gender equality and conducting workshops in school that promote participation across genders to enhance inclusion
3. Helping students enhance those skills that make them more employable and get decent jobs rather than just focusing on completion of a number of years of academic education at school / college and yet being unable to bring a change in themselves or their society.
1. Tying up with schools (at rural/semi-urban locations) on a very cost effective plan. (this is to gain access to maximum students who are enrolled in schools.) There are about 1.5 inhabited villages (rural - where main source of income is agriculture and density of population is very low) in Balia district. Plus there are about 200 townships. The schools in areas have students from both these sections. In rural areas there are students from indigenous populations which form the part of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes as per constitution of India.
2. Providing regular weekly/monthly workshops for students from Class 8 on-wards. (frequency may differ basis school schedule/ strength of class)
3. Providing quarterly or bi-annual training workshops to teachers of these schools, to help them understand psycho-social wellness.
4. Constantly staying in touch with students through adhoc coaching and counselling through face to face and other mediums as effectively possible.
5. Providing support to teaching staff by providing them specific resolutions to classroom challenges particular which arise due to parents illiteracy or behavioral problems at home which result in impaired psycho social development of child. Often resulting in being drop out from school
6. All workshops to focus on skill enhancement, communication skills, problem solving, leadership leading to overall personality enhancement.
7. Further the content to be sensitive to gender equality issues and promoting adoption of sustainable lifestyles.
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
1. Increasing the expanse to add more villages in the scope after 5 years of operations in Ballia.
2. In phase 2 spread to neighboring districts in Uttar Pradesh like Mau, Ghazipur, Azamgarh Etc.
3. Our TTT ( Train the Teacher) will enable to add more effective teaching staff who shall further help us in enhancing our capability building.
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
A separate governance team to be set up from 2018 to manage progress and ensure internal audits of the processes and training.
1. Maintaining exhaustive database of students and other participants including their parent/guardian/village details
2. Year on year tracking of participant progress on getting into higher education or getting decent jobs.
3. Reporting the progress to participating schools and other partnering institutions and making course corrections as per requirement
4. Training and re-training our own staff to ensure that they are constantly updated on relevant state of the art techniques
5. Having a robust feedback mechanism and providing lifelong support to all participants for counselling on education, job or personal issues.
EDUCOS Training and Consulting LLP. (iPedagogy & The HR Advisor)
Increasing tie ups with schools in the region.