Description/achievement of initiative
INDEG-IUL ISCTE Executive Education is committed towards the effective implementation of sustainability in its core business, i.e., executive education. In order to proceed with this commitment, INDEG-IUL has created the Sustainability Knowledge Lab (SKL) in 2012.
The SKL is a center that aims to create, promote and disseminate knowledge on the subjects of sustainability. Its mission is to empower business leaders with interdisciplinary knowledge and its business principles are based on respect, innovation and creativity.
In order to improve our activities towards executive education for sustainability, INDEG-IUL has decided to sign the “Commitment to Sustainable Practices of Higher Education Institutions on the Occasion of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development”. By doing this, INDEG-IUL assumes its public commitment towards the creation and dissemination of a responsible management culture.
Below are identified the activities that INDEG-IUL aims to implement in order to comply with the five commitments of the above declaration.
Teach sustainable development concepts:
• Offer open sustainability executive management programmes
• Engage with companies in order to promote specific in company training courses in the sustainability area
• Gradually incorporate a sustainability class in most courses
Encourage research on sustainable development issues:
• Develop applied research on sustainable development
• Write publications about sustainable management strategies
Green our campuses:
• Conduct an energy efficiency analysis of our building
• Define and implement a sustainability strategy
• Implement recycling practices
• Implement a Green Procurement Policy
• Train all workers at INDEG-IUL on these policies
Support sustainability efforts in the communities in which we reside:
• Define a Social Responsibility Strategy
• Implement that Social Responsibility Strategy
Engage with and share results through international frameworks:
• Engage in an active way with national and international entities related to sustainability
• Work in partnership with national and international universities