Description/achievement of initiative
The objective of sustaining Si Tanggang folklore in handkerchief as souvenir is to make sure our folklore is not forgetten and spreading the story for the next generations. With this, the folklore story can be sustained and can be remembered from generation to generation alongside the story become well known and spread to other countries. Our country very rich with folklore that have a good moral and as we grow up with the story, we need to preserve the story for our kids.
1) research on si tanggang
2) The new product development (NPD)
3) production process of handkerchief with si tanggang pattern
4) promotion of handkerchief
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
Cooperating agencies: Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Department of National Heritage and Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture
1. Supporting education, training, information exchange, best practices and national strategy initiatives related to the design development
2. Creation of national networks of cultural heritage focal points in governments to promote the exchange of experience and knowledge on innovative craft products base on folklore
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
1. Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) through the Faculty of Art & Design, is the educational institution that provide the expertise in innovating si tanggang handkerchief and promoting Malaysian Si Tanggang handkerchief to tourist and local citizen. UiTM as the main initiator responsible for conducting the initiatives together with the Department of National Heritage.
2. Department of National Heritage and Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture will provide data about si tanggang and tourist information to make sure the targeted customer can be reach
universiti teknologi MARA, Department of National Heritage (Malaysia) , Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture