Description/achievement of initiative
We are addressing socio-economic challenges in the Niger Delta region through promoting economic development, improving capacity of government & civil society institutions & helping reduce conflict.
The NDPI Foundation's Nigerian affiliate, the Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND), will participate in the design, development and monitoring of programs, which will be developed in four distinct areas: economic development; capacity building; peace-building; and, analysis and advocacy.
NDPI seeks to achieve a legacy of sustainable peace and development among communities in the Niger Delta. Under this vision:
• NDPI will have generated a multiplier effect for business opportunities and job creation in the Niger Delta that strengthens the local economy beyond the oil and gas industry.
• NDPI will have increased donor interest in the Niger Delta and will be a recognized leader for the provision of information, analysis and development expertise on the region.
• New networks of diverse partnerships will have been established in the Niger Delta that build local capacities, strengthen governance and generate sustainable peace and economic growth for men, women and youth.
• A diverse range of Nigerian and international organizations will have learned the value of creating multi-stakeholder partnerships to address complex issues and problems using systemic market approaches.
• NDPI will have actively promoted coordination of development activities in the Niger Delta that bridge relationships between the private sector, government, CSOs and communities.
• The programs NDPI and its partners implement will have been based on systemic research and development clusters that effectively link economic growth with conflict resolution, institutional strengthening and application of appropriate technologies and serve as models of replication for others.
• NDPI's Economic Development Center will have been providing economic development, capacity building and conflict resolution services in an effective and sustainable manner.
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
Niger Delta Partnership Initiative (NDPI) Foundation, Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND)