Description/achievement of initiative
The Youth Philanthropy Forum on SDGs aims to build greater capacity and create a better environment for youth philanthropic organizations to support the implementation of the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs). It will connect youth philanthropy to the United Nations' SDGs to see how youth are making change towards these big goals. It will create an opportunity for the youth to learn and make connections with international leaders by building strong partnerships between youth philanthropic organizations, the United Nations, governments, civil society, and businesses
1. Launching events at Regional levels and Country levels: The initiative will be launched at country levels with local partners, the United Nations, governments, civil society, and business. The first launching event will be on 8th July, 2016 at USA during the Youth Philanthropy Connect Conference at Anaheim. 2. Youth Philanthropy Forum on SDGs :The Youth Philanthropy Forum on SDGs will target all youth philanthropy initiatives by building strong partnerships between youth philanthropic organisations, the United Nations, governments, civil society, and business. Through multi-stakeholder partnerships at the country and global levels, the Forum will work to catalyze youth philanthropic engagement in developing innovative and transformative solutions to achieving the SDGs.The Forum will focus on building greater capacity and a better environment for youth philanthropic organisations at three levels: a. Development policy making b. Global, regional and country-level coordination among implementing partners c. Strategic points of entry to this work for individual foundations The forum will include workshop sessions. The workshop is divided into multiple segments to engage with the 17 areas of SDGs and the means of involvement in implementation, reporting and monitoring. 3. Data sharing and Social Media CampaignThrough this initiative, we shall contribute to a credible and accessible online data and knowledge portal on philanthropic giving related to the SDGs (Thus www.youthgiving.org and www.sdgfounders.org). Our data sharing will include case studies, photographs, infographics with commitment to the principles and actions in the Global Data charter. Our digital campaign which consists of the photo entries and content sharing on products relating to these goals will also seek to republish key influencers relating to the SDGs.
Arrangements for Capacity-Building and Technology Transfer
Capacity Building for youth to;1. Contribute to a credible and accessible online data and knowledge portal on philanthropic giving related to the SDGs (youthgiving.org and sdgfounders.org)2. Create new knowledge products on youth philanthropic contributions to sustainable development, including reports, case studies, mapping of youth foundations in countries, and videos.
Coordination mechanisms/governance structure
Through multi-stakeholder partnerships at the country and global levels and a free, widely available website, the Forum will work to catalyse youth philanthropic engagement in developing innovative and transformative solutions to achieving the SDGs.
* Global Alliance for Development Foundation (GADeF)
* World Initiatives for Grant making Support (WINGS)
* African Grantmakers Network (AGN)
* African Youth in Philanthropy Network (AYPN)
* Foundation Centre
* Youth Philanthropy Connect
*United National Development Programme(UNDP),USA
*Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, USA
*Youth Philanthropy Connect(YPC),USA
*World Initiatives for Grantmaker Support(WINGS), Brazil
*The Graduate Union of The University of Melbourne Incorporated, Australia
*Phinklife Institute, Canada
* GrassRoots Hub