Achievement at a glance
We have involved the whole community in this project with many initiatives and tasks already developed: all courses in our Secondary School have participated with researches and exhibitions about the Goal they have been assigned to. We have projected ten films and documentaries about the main Goals; in our “Reading time” our students have read at least three books each one about poverty, gender equality and life on Earth; we have organized fourteen talks with topics related to sustainable development and six solidarity actions as collaborations with NGOs. All students and teachers have participated in our collective Lipdub, the SDG-Trivial-quest…
Challenges faced in implementation
The goals we are going to explore this third term of the course are Clean Energy, Good Health and Life on Earth. On April 2016, we have just started the new readings for our “Reading Time”, with books about life on Earth. At the end, we will prepare some exhibitions about traditional and sustainable life in our area. Students of 3rd of ESO are investigating about Alternative Sources of Energy and their are going to show and tell at the end of the month. On May, we are going to organize healthy lunches and sports competitions for everybody and we also have some conferences to come. We are organizing the final act in June: the burial of the time capsule with our wishes for the future world and a review of the present problems with a video documentary recorded by the students. Also in June, a debate league will be held concerning to topics as globalization or the UN's running.
At the end of the school year, we will inform the Department of Education of the Government of Aragon about the progress of this project and will give publicity in the press and specialized educational publications.
Teachers, students and their families in IES Salvador Victoria (Secondary School), many people in our area and some NGOs
With knowledge of the Global Goals for a Sustainable Development. We are getting new values with new methodologies in an participatory manner and learning about some problems we are helping to solve. From among our concrete solidary actions, we have done the following:
- Collaboration with Jane Goodall Institute (collecting used mobiles)
- Awareness of the current situation of refugees in the world
- Collecting food for Sahrawi refugees
- Learn to denounce gender violence
- Spread the Declaration of Human Rights
- Collaboration with Red Cross (fundraising)
- Participation in the School Day of Peace.
- Forest repopulation in the nearest woods
- Knowing the work of NGOs such as Manos Unidas, Vicente Ferrer Foundation...
- Recycling campaing and cleaning our facilities.
- Seek the cooperation of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Develop innovative initiatives, as our vocational training students, who are working with new machines to produce energy from CO2.
- Known companies and entrepreneurs that are committed to sustainable economic growth
- Present the life and work of almost unknown women who have made great contributions to Science and Culture
- Collect testimonies and objects of traditional life in our area , a rural world near extinction
Raise awareness and publicize the Global Goals for a Sustainable Development in our community