High-level political forumThe first inaugural meeting of the high-level political forum, held on 24 September 2013, was attended by Presidents, prime ministers, and other high‐ranking officials, representing a follow‐up of the commitment made at Rio+20 to continue to press for action on sustainable development at the highest levels.
- High-level Political Forum Brings Poverty and Sustainability Issues Together at Inaugural Session
- New High-level Political Forum Starts Work to Reinvigorate and Accelerate Sustainable Development Action
- Countries Agree on Novel Formula for High-level Forum to Boost Follow-up of Rio+20 Outcomes on Sustainable Development
- UN launches new sustainable development body (SciDevNet)
- World leaders launch new UN forum to boost sustainable development efforts (Asia Pacific Daily)
- provide political leadership, guidance and recommendations for sustainable development,
- follow-up and review progress in the implementation of sustainable development commitments,
- enhance the integration of the three dimensions of sustainable development,
- and have a focused, dynamic and action-oriented agenda, ensuring the appropriate consideration of new and emerging sustainable development challenges.
- every four years under the auspices of the General Assembly at the level of Heads of State and Government -- for two days at the beginning of the General Assembly session
- every year under the auspices of ECOSOC -- for eight days, including a three-day ministerial segment to be held in the framework of the substantive session of the Council, building on and subsequently replacing the annual ministerial review as from 2016
Sign in for Member States